[support] A Problem with my Imported Users (automated password reset broken)

Big Brother ignorance.is.strength at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 00:34:41 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

New to the list here, so, "Hello!" I'm glad to be a part and hope that
sometime down the road I too can help out somebody.

My little problem arose  after I imported users from a Scoop database.
Everything went fine and the users are usable, except there is one
thing wrong. Under the login area on a Drupal page there is a link
that says "Request new password." Normally, when working, the user
simply enters their user name or email and the system sends
instructions to the email on file.

As you probably guess, this function doesn't work for my imported
users. The whole process goes through OK, but the email is never
received (and I'm guessing never sent either, though I'm not sure).

For the sake of efficiency, let me tell you some things I have already done:

-Checked the Drupal "users" table to make sure emails for users were
set in 'mail' and 'init' fields
-Checked all other "users" fields for irregularities
-Changed password manually through cms, then reattempted password request

Needless to say, this didn't result in any advancement against my
problem. If anyone on this list might be able to shed a little light
on this, please let me know. it would be greatly appreciated. I'm
willing to answer any other questions to the best of my ability if you
have them

Thanks!

Dave B.