[support] show submenu in block when parentmenu is clicked

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 13:25:22 UTC 2008

Quoting Morten Holmstrup <morten at holmstrups.dk>:

> Hi, I'm trying to achieve something that seems simple, but is really
> killing me :(
>
> This is Drupal 6.1
>
> I have some primary links.
> When I click one of these links I would like a submenu to appear in a
> block elsewhere on the page - that's really all (for now).
>
> I just can't get it working - I've looked through every module and a lot
> of functions in the d6 api, but no luck so far.
>
> and deadline is closing in - yikes!

You're in luck, the solution is simple.  Create new menu blocks, put in
the links you want, then edit (AKA configure) the blocks checking the
"show on only the listed pages" radio and fill in the pages to show it
on.  Be sure to enable the block in the region you want it to display
with the correct sorting weight.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/