[support] Encoding problems

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:31:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Edward  Peters
<edward.peters at uk.iofc.org> wrote:

> I have special characters that need to go in a node title and into CCK
> fields, but by default they do not display correctly. Can anyone point me
> towards a solution which allows Unicode characters in titles and CCK fields?
> Many thanks for our help!

I have no problem at all with utf8 Greek on whole sites. Even when I
was using MySQL versions older than 4.1 (with no native Unicode
support) Drupal was doing a very good job of handling utf8.

Check whether your database as well as the individual tables are utf8
and not latin1 (you wouldn't have noticed any difference with only
English characters).