[support] Encoding problems (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo)

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:37:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Joe Murray
<joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz> wrote:
> My default Drupal installs end up having latin1 as the character type in the
>  MySQL tables, unlike CiviCRM default installs that end up with utf8 charset
>  and utf8_unicode_ci as the collation. Might want to look at that as one
>  possible issue.
>
>  Joe

I think this happens when the default character set of the database is
latin1 and some modules don't specify any character set when
installing tables. So, whenever I create a new Drupal database I
always go to phpMyAdmin-->Operations and make sure to set the
charset/collation of the database to utf8/utf8_general_ci.