[support] Session problems

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 2 11:44:20 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com>:

> Hello,
>
> One of the clients using my site is complaining about the following
> problem:
>
> "During a class, my students registered and logged onto their
> community accounts. When they started to explore it and look at the
> 'Buddies' section, the website seemed to show them a buddy list from a
> random student, not their own."
>
> This is the "Buddies" plugin, running on Drupal 4.7. I first suggested
> that the previous pupil had not logged out properly, but the teacher
> confirmed that this wasn't the cause. This was the very first time that
> the students were logging into the system. Does anyone know what the
> problem might be?

Is the student using a public computer (public meaning someone else
used it before)?  Yes, make sure the temporary files and cookies are
removed.  No, then empty any cache tables and the sessions table.  If
that doesn't help the file an issue[1] with the buddylist module (I
assume that is the "Buddies" plugin you mean).

[1] http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/buddylist/support

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/