[support] Blog Sort Order by Date

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu May 8 15:29:47 UTC 2008

Tom,

Welcome to Drupal!

First off, Drupal's "blog" module is really designed for sites where more
than one person has a blog on the same site. If you don't have more than one
person posting the articles, you don't need to bother with the blog module
and it might even confuse you. You can rename the "story" content type to
"news blog" or something, or simply create a new content type if you want to
keep the story content type.

Yes, you can change the published date field for any node to any date you
want and use that as a method to get them to sort properly.

There are many other ways in Drupal to get content to sort in the order you
want. Later down the road you will certainly find yourself installing the
views <http://drupal.org/project/views> module and maybe also the node
queue<http://drupal.org/project/nodequeue>module to help you pull out
stuff the way you want it. But as a beginner I
think just editing the date published field would be fine.

Good luck,

Shai
content2zero.comhttp://content2zero.com