[support] An inquiry with mbstring

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Sat May 17 19:11:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM, tata dano <lakbay.taodev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am newbie with Drupal but has the desire to setup my own website using it.
> During my exploration and installation process I've encountered some
> notification that I should have to install the PHP mbstring extension. Any
> advice how to do it? A million thanks in advance.
>
> Tata

If it is a hosted server, then you have to ask your host to install
it. If it is your own server then you need to do some reading,
probably starting from
http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

I used to have this problem with a host and they "considered my
request" and refused to install mbstring. I didn't have any problem
with the site, it worked fine without mbstring, although it was in
Greek. But eventually I changed host, for this and for other reasons.