[support] An inquiry with mbstring

tata dano lakbay.taodev at gmail.com
Sun May 18 02:53:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM, tata dano <lakbay.taodev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am newbie with Drupal but has the desire to setup my own website using
> it.
> > During my exploration and installation process I've encountered some
> > notification that I should have to install the PHP mbstring extension.
> Any
> > advice how to do it? A million thanks in advance.
> >
> > Tata

Thanks for the reply. I am installing drupal for educational purposes and
testing it on my own server at home just to get how it is done and
eventually apply it on a production environment later.

> If it is a hosted server, then you have to ask your host to install
> it. If it is your own server then you need to do some reading,
> probably starting from
> http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php
>
> I used to have this problem with a host and they "considered my
> request" and refused to install mbstring. I didn't have any problem
> with the site, it worked fine without mbstring, although it was in
> Greek. But eventually I changed host, for this and for other reasons.

Linux Registered User #383849
http://kngphil.proboards58.com/
http://atats.blogspot.com/
http://sedemdbs.blogspot.com/