[support] Mail to forum?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon May 19 10:45:00 UTC 2008

Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Bob Morse <bob at morsemedia.net> wrote:
>
>> I'd like this to work withing Organic Groups. I did activate Forum, and
>>

> The other advice you've received is good, but yet another related
> modules is the og2list module http://drupal.org/project/og2list
>
> Especially since you want this to work for organic groups that seems
> like a good choice.

Unfortunately, og2list has not received a lot of support - there's still
not a release beyond 4.7, though the folks at the PostCarbon Institute
have been doing a lot of development work of late, for their own site,
and contributing it back.  Take a look at
http://og2list.postcarbon.org/about

It's a shape that og2list hasn't received a larger following - it's a
really cool module.

For another example of forum/list integration, take a look at
http://groupserver.org/ - now that's the kind of functionality that it
would be nice to have in Drupal.  Unfortunately, it's a
not-quite-open-source effort (the developers put most of their effort
into their hosted version).