[support] Clean urls

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon May 19 16:42:27 UTC 2008

Is httpdocs at the root level of the domain. Enabling Clean URLs works
simply by running the "clean url test" and toggling that "enabled" radio on
a mod_rewrite enabled server when Drupal is installed at the domain route.
If Drupal is not installed at the domain route is the scenario for fussing
with .htaccess, settings.php etc.

I think that fussing with these files should only be done in the service of
figuring out WHY it isn't working out of the box. If clean urls are not
working and they should be, and you successfully get them to work by fussing
with code in various files, whatever is broken will likely come back later
to bite you.

Best,

Shai
content2zero <http://content2zero.com>