[support] problems with modules

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:29:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM, marcos gonzalez
<elmailpersonal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> Im new in this list and with configuring drupal in my site:-) . My problem
> is that i was activate most modules and appears this error:
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 165933 bytes) in
> /home/htdocs/drupal/drupal-5.7/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 188
>
> The problem is that is impossible to touch the apache configuration and
> going to the web not arrive to acces to administration menu. There are other
> option to unable modules?
>
> Thanks!

There are 3 different methods to increase PHP memory_limit. Have you
tried them all?

http://drupal.org/node/31819

If you need to disable modules, one method is to go to the database,
find the "system" table, and change the "status" value for the modules
you want to 0. This is not a clean method because the disabled modules
may leave dependencies and unused tables, but it can help.

Another way (also not so clean) is to move the modules files out of
the modules directory. Then move them back inside one-by-one and
disable/uninstall them properly.