[support] upgrade issues 6.2

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 27 11:28:20 UTC 2008

Quoting Armin Medosch <armin at easynet.co.uk>:

> Hi
>
> on upgrading my site from 5.3 to 6.2 I found out the hard way that this
> was a big mistake.

Always, always, always, always upgrade a development site first.

> Currently images are not shown by the image module and by image gallery
> though the images are still there and can be displayed by using the html
> img tag. I browsed the forums but there isn't really a good solution for
> that, is there?

I'm not familiar with these modules, are they DRUPAL-6 enabled?  Have
you tried emptying the tables with cache in the name?

> the index.php  on the start page displays a long list of error messages
> of the kind
>
> warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
> in .../drupal-6.2/modules/cck/content.module on line 1096.

A minor nit.  You can turn off the display by setting the PHP variable
display_errors to 0.

> I have browsed the forums and this seems to be a problem that, like with
> the images, many other people have, but where no clear solution exists?

Sorry, I don't think I can give anything clearer.

> finally, magickally, the weighting for blocks administration seems to
> have gone. so where can I arrange my blocks in 6.2?

IIRC this changed to a drag and drop function using javascript.

> Another mistake which was partly my fault, partly due to unclear
> instructions about how to upgrade was that I first disabled all non core
> modules and only then backuped the data base which seems to have
> destroyed tables for some modules such as biblio and all content is
> gone. as this seems to affect mostly biblio I wonder if there is a way
> to extract only this table from an older backup of the data base and
> insert it into the current db. any instructuions on how to would have to
> be command line version as my server hosts dont offer phpmyadmin

You might want to open an issue against the documentation.  Backup is
the first step regardless.  Also you should open an issue with biblio
if all you did was to disable the module for the table to be removed.
The table is supposed to remain until you choose the "Uninstall" tab.

> I paste my status report below which looks fairly healthy given the
> problems which I encounter

The only thing I don't know is if you upgraded all your modules to the
DRUPAL-6 versions.  If not, they will not work.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/