[support] Seeking Advice on Integrating drupal

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 27 14:56:50 UTC 2008

Quoting "Christopher M. Jones" <cjones at partialflow.com>:

> Very helpful. Thank you. In view of the fact that precisely what we're
> looking to avoid is the cost of creating a new engine, what about other
> solutions? We like Drupal. And if the tweaks we need were simple we'd
> love to contribute. But if that's just not realistic, then what about
> eCommerce? I steered clear of it, because reviews of it seemed a bit
> luke warm. And then there's Zen Cart, which I can't really get a good
> feeling for, since they seem to have removed their documentation so you
> have to buy their book. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
>
> Suggestions?

If it were me, I would create a Drupal DB engine for mssql for the
version you wish to use.  I would use Ubercart with changes for the
product data you need.  It is possible to have multiple DB within the
settings.php file so the missing parts are the mssql support within the
Drupal DB engines.  Edison Wong has a SF project[1] where he is working
on supporting more DB engines with Drupal and perhaps you can use his
work for the mssql Drupal DB engine.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/siren/

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/