[support] hosting

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue May 27 15:56:30 UTC 2008

Hello, Simone,

I'd base my hosting decisions on the level of service, and also the
price. If you need service, I'd recommend spending a little more money,
as the higher priced hosting plans generally come with better service.

As to the latency issues wrt hosting in Europe or the States, I'll let
someone else answer that. My feeling/experience is that it won't make
much difference on a good host, but I'd like to hear from someone who
has more experience in that area on this.

WRT recommendations in the hosting forums on d.o -- my recommendation
there is to stay away. Unfortunately, unbiased information from the
hosting forums on d.o is hard to come by. Often, people recommend
hosting companies because they have an affiliate relationship, and get
money when people sign up.

Cheers,

Bill