[support] hosting

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Tue May 27 19:45:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Simone Dal Maso
<simone.dalmaso at juvox.it> wrote:
> A simple question this time:
> I'd like to move my hosting because my provider is not very responsive and
> the connections are quite slow.
> I am in Italy, do you think I should choice an italian hosting or can I look
> for a provider mentioned on drupal's forum like ANhosting or ohter?
> In a few words, if I choose an american Hosting, will the speed be slow for
> my users or these problems don't exist?
> thanks.

My 2c from Greece. I used to have similar thoughts but I have found
that the increased ping time of a US-based server should be the least
of my worries. I have tried a few local and UK-based companies, they
usually offer less for a much higher price and they have been very
unwilling to upgrade their PHP and MySQL version or to offer ssh
access.