[support] upgrade issues 6.2

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:40:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Armin Medosch <armin at easynet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Some have reported that "solved" these issues
>> by wiping out their galleries and starting over.
>
> which I cant because images are from users
>>
>> So, it seems that your upgrade was a hasty move if your galleries were
>> important.
>
> this is true, I am angry with myself. for my site also audio is
> important and audio mdule isn't ready for 6
>
>> I you still have the backup of the database before updating
>> you may want to go back and upgrade only to 5.7.
>
> Is this safe and are there instructions for that anywhere on the support
> pages?

Everything is always safe as long as you have your initial un-updated
database backup and your user files/images.

If you have kept all the files of your old installation you can just
put them back, load your old database from the backup, and update
settings.php about this.

If you haven't kept all the files, you can
- upload Drupal 5.7
- the latest proper releases of all your modules (not -dev)
- your theme
- your user files/images which should be at the same place relative to the site
- load the database and update settings.php
- and run update.php.
(Even if you don't remember all the modules, you can look them up in
the system table of the old database)

>> If you don't have phpmyadmin, then that meants running "TRUNCATE
>> TABLE" on all tables containing "cache" in their names. But if you ran
>> update.php after the update then that should have been mostly done.
>
> thanks
>
>> > meanwhile another issue came up. two modules, poormanscron and
>> > simplenews, keep showing up in the modules list with a red button with
>> > cross. it says "This version is incompatible with the 6.2 version of
>> > Drupal core."  yes but i would love to deinstall them and install the
>> > new versions but it does not let me. I rm the modules but they keep
>> > showing with this red buttons in the error list. how can i get rid of
>> > them and get the new versions

I have tried poormanscron 6.x-1.0 and simplenews 6.x-1.0-beta1 (which
are their latest proper releases) and I don't see this problem. Are
these the versions you used?