[support] Automatically post node to forum topic

Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli michel at ziobudda.net
Fri May 30 12:56:36 UTC 2008

Ryan Snowden ha scritto:
> When a user creates a node and clicks save, i would like the same
> title to automatically be used as a forum topic.
[SNIP]

You can create a little module with a function nodeapi:

function mymodule_nodeapi($op,$node,$a3,$a4) {
    switch ($op) {
        case 'insert':
            $f = $node;
            unset($f->nid);
            unset($f->vid);
            unset($f->changed);
            unset($f->created);
            $f->type = 'forum';

            //Here you need to setup the taxonomy/category of the
forum's post
            //[your code]

            //Now save the new node
            $fnew = node_save($f);
    }
}

This is only a start point for your request. I hope that this can help you.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ajaxblog.it        			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at gmail.com