[support] sorting nodes in custom template

Paul Collett pcollett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 04:02:16 UTC 2008

Hi, hope someone can help with this.

I have created a tpl.php page in my theme to format custom content
created with CCK. On the page, the content is displayed sorted by the
node id (or creation date? I'm not sure which is the default). How can I
sort it by using one of the CCK fields - field_start_time which is
stored in the node_field table of the database? I'm guessing I need to
add something to my tpl.php page to override the default sort setting.
Any suggestions?

I realize I could easily do this using views, but that won't work in
this particular instance.

Thanks,

Paul