[support] Swapping down Drupal versions/Hiding RSS

Bob Salsburg bsisok at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 20:12:45 UTC 2008

Hi Drupal folks. I am a web developer versed in the "old" methods, i.e.
HTML, CSS, ASP and ASP.net. I declared myself free of the M$FT stuff when I
no longer had to do it and set about making life simpler with Open Source. I
discovered Drupal when working up a site for my church, the idea being that
individuals - even ordinarily inept ones - could do there owne updates.

My Drupal history is brief, about a month. I currently have a quasi-live
Drupal 6 site, but I have been working with a Druppal 5.12 site on an XXAMP
installation on my laptop.

I would like to take the live site to 5.12 and later go to 6.6 or whatever
version is current; it just feels better now. I have backed up the database
through PHPMyAdmin and would like to get advice on what to do next. Would I
just remove the installation by folders or some other way? Once that is
done, I assume just a new install of 5.12. The database has some users. I'd
rather not start from scratch, but I could if necessary. If PHP andMySQL
versions are key to this, I'll locate them.

Also, I have a question about the RSS link. THough I have disabled it, it
still shows up on both 5.12 and 6.6 sites.

And, while I'm at it, I want to hide the "submitted by", etc messages. I'm
wondering if there is a certain content type that needs to be used.
\
Bob