[support] Swapping down Drupal versions/Hiding RSS

Bob Salsburg bsisok at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 04:33:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Victor Kane <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:

> The RSS link is actually a block (Syndicate) you can simply disable in
> Administer > Site building > Blocks.
>

> To remove the "submitted by" cruft, go to Administer > Site building >
> Themes, and select the general configuration, and there you will see a
> checkbox for each content type, you can deselect the submitted by to
> appear or not on a content type by content type basis. Again, this is
> in the general settings, not the settings for any one particular
> theme.

I'll be studying the switchout procedure on the 6.6 -> 5.12 server. Thanks
for the reply.

Sorry Victor; the Syndicate block is disable in the Global settings of 5.12.
I think it was in the 6.6. installation too. That's what was so confusing.
Here's the way it looks.

A person with no Auth account browses the site. The RSS icon appears.
Admin browses the site, logs in and RSS icon appears. If he clicks Read
More, the page expands to full content and the icon is gone.
Same for an Auth user.

This is counter to the expected functionality. To me Disabled means
Disabled. There must be some other configuration. The Aggregator is also
off, by default if I am not mistaken.

Recall too that I wanted the Submitted line removed. That worked once site
was reloaded. Refresh didn't do it.

I would also like to have the page expand to full content when opened. Users
would not see the Read More link at all. I may need to do this on a page
basis. Can't locate that setting at this time. Any wisdom on this issue?

Bob