[support] Upgrade Dilemma

Greg Knaddison Greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Sun Nov 30 19:24:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:
> Were all of your modules updated to their most recent versions before you
> attempted the upgrade? Did you follow all the best practices like turning
> all contrib modules off before upgrading?

I definitely agree about latest versions prior to ugprading - good call there.

And I know that it's documented (often) as a best practice to disable
all the contribs but I find that my upgrades work better if I leave
modules enabled.

Upgrades with dozens of contribs are a very personal experience,
though, so people should try out both ways (on test site of
course...).

Regards,
Greg

--