[support] Upgrade Dilemma

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Sun Nov 30 20:14:59 UTC 2008

Some excellent advice here, particularly regarding:

1. Get the latest 5-x versions of the modules before moving to 6;
2. Experimenting with disabling vs leaving contrib modules live (and my
preference is leaving contrib enabled);

I would add that you should probably move to a core theme as well, and
make sure that your block visibility settings are adjusted correctly --
particularly if you are using a customized theme that will also need to
be upgraded.

Cheers,

Bill

--