[support] Blocks, login links and content disappeared from front page

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Oct 14 13:30:35 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I did google a bit before posting, but only found suggestions to hack
the code of some source files and am not even sure if they apply to my
case. I have *no* problem to do that, but before messing with the code
I'd rather hear some expert advice on the symptoms reported below.

I have just realized that the front page of *one* of the websites I'm
running off the **same** Drupal 5.7 installation went seriously
broken. Please have a look at these two URLs to know what I mean:

http://digifreedom.net/node/103 (works perfectly, excepted login link)
http://digifreedom.net/         (empty)

In the home page there are no left side blocks and no content (it
should display a list of the N most recently added nodes). Besides, if
you click on "Login" in the first page you get an error. Ditto if you
try to go directly to http://digifreedom.net/admin

Running cron.php manually doesn't do anything.

As I said, the other drupal websites on the server are fine. They run
off the same Drupal install, but each has its own separate MySql
database. A couple of days ago the VPS hosting Drupal had an
out-of-memory crash, so this looks to me like the Digifreedom MySql
database got corrupted, but how to fix it and go back to a working
admin page?

TIA,
	Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84