[support] Drupal SQL function and DB Access

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 30 11:09:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:03:47 +0100
Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:

> Larry Garfield ha scritto:
> > On Wednesday 29 October 2008 5:59:26 pm Davide Michel 'ZioBudda'
> > Morelli wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, In a client site I need to connect to a DB MS Access via
> >> Drupal.
> >>
> >> Is this possibile ? How can I set the db and credentials ?
> >>
> >> M.
> >>

> > Drupal currently does not support MS Access, and I don't believe
> > it would be at all feasible to do so in Drupal 6.
> >
> A moment. I don't want to install Drupal 6 on a MS Acess. I need
> only to connect to it.
> I need to exec some query.

Your best bet would be odbc but it's not going to be nice.
Or you could think about importing the data... after all Access
has(had?) a bad reputation for concurrent access [sic].

http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.access
http://bryanmills.net/archives/2003/11/microsoft-access-database-using-linux-and-php/

Get ready to have DB corruption or do further research about the
sanity of working with Access at the back end.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it