[support] CCK field database storage discrepancy

Yves Chedemois yched.drupal at free.fr
Fri Oct 31 23:26:27 UTC 2008

Fields that :
- are used in several content types
- or allow multiple values
are stored in a content_field_xxx table dedicated to this field.
Other fields (single and non shared) are stored in a per-content-type
content_type_yyy
I won't enter in the rationale for this here, but that's the pattern.

So obviously something went wrong in the migration of the definition of
your content types.
Hard to tell what, though, esp. if you're using a patched version of
content_copy.

Also note that content_copy D5 does not support *updating* the
definition of a field that already exists on the target site.
Might be different in D6, but I have to say that I didn't actually test it.

The CCK issue queue would be a better place to post this, btw.

Yched