[support] Interfaces / web services

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:00:09 UTC 2008

A client recently asked us the following question (paraphrased):

"Can you check with your developers on what (if any) interfaces are made
available for other systems to integrate with Drupal 6.  I thought it was
possible there would be some services offered up which would allow systems
(such as our XYZ portal) to reach out and query Drupal and then make use of
that data in reports, etc."

In particular, the data they are interested in querying is all stored in CCK
nodes.

I am aware of the following possibilities, and am researching contrib for
more:

Thanks to the services module and a few others, the following kinds of
services should be available:
 * XML-RPC
 * AMFPHP
 * JSON
 * REST
 * SOAP

Core itself provides an RSS feed service.  There are modules for KML and
GeoRSS feeds as well.

The RDF framework provides a whole basket of RDF interfaces.

Does anyone have any other ideas I should take a look at with respect to the
above question?

Thanks,
--
..chris