[support] Workflow and Revisions

Aaron A'brook aaron.abrook at qut.edu.au
Wed Sep 10 23:56:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

Here is the problem I'm attempting to resolve.
I have a workflow in place that forces content to pass through a workflow from a review stage then into the publish stage.
Editors can create and edit content and approvers can publish.

The workflow is in place and working. What I want to do now though is when a user edits content it automatically creates a revision and puts the revision into the stage which awaits approval without unpublishing what is currently displayed. Then once the revision has been approved it replaces the currently published version.
I have tried creating revisions which move into the workflow but unless I unpublish the page the new content is displayed. If I create an action to unpublish the new revision it removes the content from public visibility.

My question is, is there an easy way to use what is in place now, or already written modules, to do this? To allow editing pages without publishing the edit or hiding what is currently published.

Thanks
-Aaron