[support] Workflow and Revisions

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Thu Sep 11 00:11:50 UTC 2008

----- "Aaron A'brook" <aaron.abrook at qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Workflow and Revisions Hi,
>
> Here is the problem I’m attempting to resolve.
> I have a workflow in place that forces content to pass through a
> workflow from a review stage then into the publish stage.
> Editors can create and edit content and approvers can publish.

Having just gone through a similar process I can recommend the Revision Moderation module.

http://drupal.org/project/revision_moderation

There are a couple of things to look out for which aren't made terribly explicit in the README.txt (which, of course, should be followed to the letter just the same).

Firstly, user roles should be edited so that "Editors" do not have node management and the default setting for a page is set to "unpublished".

Secondly, when a page is originally created it does not appear in the revision queue; "Moderators" must confirm it in content management. This is because the original is not a revision.

Apart from that it all seems to work just fine.

Hope this helps,

--
Lev Lafayette (03) 9925 4909
Systems Administrator