[support] CiviCRM can't find files

Bob Morse bob at morsemedia.net
Thu Sep 11 00:10:53 UTC 2008

I have civicrm 2.0.5 running on a couple drupal 5 sites. Up until a
couple days ago they were running fine. The server they are on had an
upgrade of PHP from 5.x.x to 5.2.6. Most everything else on the server
is running fine, but now civicrm is throwing the following errors:

"Oops! - The path for including CiviCRM code files is not set properly.
Most likely there is an error in the civicrm_root setting in your
CiviCRM settings file (sites/default/civicrm.settings.php).

» civicrm_root is currently set to:
/home/redwoodt/public_html/sites/all/modules/civicrm."

The path is actually correct and the module has been running correctly
for months until this update. I've posted on the civicrm forum but
haven't gotten anywhere. So, I am casting about for ideas. There are
other applications on the server (x-cart, slideshow director) that are
also having problems finding their files.