[support] CiviCRM can't find files

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:45:24 UTC 2008

> The path is actually correct and the module has been running correctly
> for months until this update. I've posted on the civicrm forum but
> haven't gotten anywhere. So, I am casting about for ideas. There are
> other applications on the server (x-cart, slideshow director) that are
> also having problems finding their files.

Seems clear that this is not a CiviCRM issue nor even a Drupal issue.
If the other packages also can't find files, then either it's a PHP
bug or something changed between the old version and the new version.
Without access to a system set up precisely as yours, it will be
difficult to guess what's wrong--it could also have to do with system
settings or other software/modules installed on your server.

If it were me, I would choose one of these packages and start playing
with the code to determine where the path is getting lost. This

echo $variable_x;die;

while ugly, works quite well in such a situation--keep sticking that
in different places until you figure out what's happening.

HTH