[support] Trying to set up menus / categories etc

Philip Small psmall2008 at landprofile.com
Wed Sep 24 22:53:19 UTC 2008

Earlier this summer, I tried to do what you are trying:  individual menu
links to each taxonomy/term/[n].  I abandoned it b/c it was not how I wanted
it menu-nesting-wise however folks are doing this<http://www.sitelancers.net/>.
[1 <http://drupal.org/node/71436#comment-133979>]. I do think you need the
add-on module to get closer to what you want.  On the upside, taxonomy_menu
seems well loved and currently supported (apparently an issue last year) .
The module's code could be better <http://drupal.org/node/307117>, but it
works.
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Marc Morris <marc at cultmovieforums.com>wrote:

> Thanks Phil.
>
> I was hoping to find an easier way of getting this working - it seems
> to me to be quite tricky to figure all this out...
>
> Do I really need this other module? I though the menu module working
> in conjunction with Categories took care of this?
>

> On 24 Sep 2008, at 23:02, Philip Small wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Marc Morris
> > <marc at cultmovieforums.com> wrote:
> > I already have the taxonomy module installed. That's where I've
> > created the categories.
> >
> > Marc:
> > So you downloaded and installed the taxonomy_menu module and it is
> > not working as expected?
> > To be clear, the taxonomy module and the taxonomy_menu module are
> > two different modules.
> > Phil
> > --
>
> Marc Morris
> Cult Movie Forums
> http://www.cultmovieforums.com/

Philip Small, CPSS/C, RPSS
Land Profile, Inc. * PO Box 2175 * Spokane, WA 99210
509-844-2944 cell * 509-838-4996 fax * 509-838-9860 office
Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/philipsmall