[support] Role unable to post a content type

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Apr 2 13:24:03 UTC 2009

Luis,

Make sure the vocabulary that you are using for access control is enabled
for that second content type.

Totally other thought, though this shouldn't affect creating new, I think
it's just a problem editing existing. But... make sure permissions for
various input formats are in order. For example, the most common problem
related to this is: user/x has administer node privileges --- can't get any
more privilege than that, right?. But user/x sees no "Edit" tab on node/y.
How is that possible? Node/y's input format has been set to an input format
that has been limited to a role that user/x doesn't belong to.

Many, many folks have wasted hours on this one because the connection
between input format and admin/node privileges is something that most people
don't think of. It took me running into that problem about five times before
I'd recongnize it off the bat and not have to research on drupal.org to
remember it. It seems unlikely this is your problem... but just thinkin' out
of the box to cover a base you might not have thought of.

Good luck and report back,

Shai