[support] Comments to email - Mailhandler hack!

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 17 11:50:39 UTC 2009

Quoting Rohan Smith <rohanasmith at gmail.com>:

> Is there a way I can have comments posted directly to email instead of on
> the page.
>
> WHY?
> I did a mailinglist to forum integration [using mailhandler and listmanager]
> but my client now says his mailing list has "moderation and translation" so
> he wants the forum posts/comments to first go through the mailing list
> before being posted to the site.
>
> Currently its the other way around, mailhandler posts the post/comment to
> the drupal site and then to the mailing list, but I dont want drupal to post
> to the site at all. All messages should pass through the mailing list.
> Drupal then at intervals retrieves these messages and posts them after
> moderation and translation.

Sounds like custom work.  I'm not sure what the intent is for the
mailing list first deal.  Sounds like bad karma that you need to run
from but I know the customer is paying the bill.  You could make
content unpublished and then create a workflow to publish the content
once it has been seen on the mail list.  Make sure the list produces a
feed of some kind so you can easily access the list archive.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/