[support] Comments to email - Mailhandler hack!

Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli michel at ziobudda.net
Fri Apr 17 07:26:59 UTC 2009

Rohan Smith ha scritto:
> Is there a way I can have comments posted directly to email instead of
> on the page.
>
> WHY?
> I did a mailinglist to forum integration [using mailhandler and
> listmanager] but my client now says his mailing list has "moderation
> and translation" so he wants the forum posts/comments to first go
> through the mailing list before being posted to the site.
>
> Currently its the other way around, mailhandler posts the post/comment
> to the drupal site and then to the mailing list, but I dont want
> drupal to post to the site at all. All messages should pass through
> the mailing list. Drupal then at intervals retrieves these messages
> and posts them after moderation and translation.

I think that you need a custom module for this. You can use comment hook
to send an email to the mailing list (but you need to create it in a
costum module), but the problem is how to retrieve the messages from the
mailinglist. Your mailinglist manager need to store every message in a
single message. You need to create a "language tags" for these messages,
because your custom module need to recognize, for example, the nid of
the comment, where the comment message body start and where it ends.And
some other things.

If you don't know how to write a costum module for what do you want to
realize, ask to a freelancer (like me).

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it