[support] Multilingual Support : i18n+Pathauto on Drupal 5.x

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Apr 27 14:38:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:15:12 +0200
Denis Lafont-Trevisan <denis.lafont at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> on my site in Drupal 5.x , I've activated i18n and pathauto.
> I have tow languages: English & French.
>
> For one page (for exemple: www.example.com/*en/*about ) I have a
> translated page in French with a new title (in French). Let's say
> www.example.com/fr*/*apropos
> is the French equivalent to English www.example.com/*en/*about
>
> When I use the language switcher block, Drupal tries
> www.example.com/fr*/*about and not www.example.com/fr*/*apropos
>
> Any clue? Reading all the issues on D5 and i18n+pathauto did not
> gave me clear ideas...

I wouldn't say the problem is in pathauto.
pathauto is doing the right job.

You should enable Internationalization and Translation to obtain the
effect you're looking for.

Then for each content type you'd enabel "Multilingual options".

I think this should be enough.

Once you're logged in you'd see a "Translation" tab on each node
that let you link nodes and their translations.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it