[support] Multilingual Support : i18n+Pathauto on Drupal 5.x

Denis Lafont-Trevisan denis.lafont at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:50:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it
> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:15:12 +0200
> Denis Lafont-Trevisan <denis.lafont at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > on my site in Drupal 5.x , I've activated i18n and pathauto.
> > I have tow languages: English & French.
> >
> > For one page (for exemple: www.example.com/*en/*about ) I have a
> > translated page in French with a new title (in French). Let's say
> > www.example.com/fr*/*apropos
> > is the French equivalent to English www.example.com/*en/*about
> >
> > When I use the language switcher block, Drupal tries
> > www.example.com/fr*/*about and not www.example.com/fr*/*apropos
> >
> > Any clue? Reading all the issues on D5 and i18n+pathauto did not
> > gave me clear ideas...
>
> I wouldn't say the problem is in pathauto. pathauto is doing the right job.
>
> You should enable Internationalization and Translation to obtain the
> effect you're looking for. Then for each content type you'd enabel
> "Multilingual options". Once you're logged in you'd see a "Translation" tab
> on each node
> that let you link nodes and their translations.

Already activated. But when I change the title of a content, the language
swither is still stuck to the old url. Example:

www.example.com/fr/about <http://www.example.com/fr*/*about> instead of
www.example.com/fr/apropos <http://www.example.com/fr*/*apropos> for the
French translation of
www.example.com/en/about<http://www.example.com/fr*/*about>