[support] Cron problems

Susan Stewart hedgemage at binaryredneck.net
Thu Dec 31 06:52:35 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 12:39 AM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>

>> Use the query "select title from node_revisions where
>> body like '%sendError%'; The results of this query should show you
>> the title of the page, then you can fix the code.
>>
> Well, I have progress of sorts. I found the offending page and deleted
> it and the PHP fatal error doesn't happen anymore, but I still can't run
> cron. I get the same old "access denied" page. So I guess the access
> denied error is caused by something else.
>
> Any ideas why I would get an access denied error when running cron.php?
>
> Daniel.

Cron should run even for anonymous...have you checked the actual file
permissions and ownership on cron.php?  They could be borked.

--Susan

--
"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyranny."
--Abraham Lincoln