[support] Question regarding building a start page

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon Feb 2 10:17:21 UTC 2009

Hi Henning, John and list,

On Mo, Feb 02, 2009 at 10:17:52 +0100, Henning Sprang wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:12 AM, John Fletcher <net at twoedged.org> wrote:
>>>   print node_page_default();
>>
>> Ahh very nice, I didn't know that trick.  I think your last idea is the best
>> for this case!

Thanks, very cool, I will try this.

>Another thing is the "frontpage" module. But as far as I see, it's not
>internationalization-capable...

I've installed the module and played around with it a little bit. Maybe
the module has some problems with Drupal 6 or I did something wrong, but
I was only able to get a startpage for authorized users working only :(.
Annonymous visitors of the page got an eror 403 or 404, the page wasn't
accessible somehow.

Another problem is that I still not know how to build nodes with dynamic
content. I'd like to build a page with an overview of the last 10
created articles or pages and put some static text below that overview.
Such a node would be a good start page for my needs but as long as it is
not clear to me how to build such a node the frontpage module can't help
me really, because I also have to specify a node for my frontpage or put
the right content (normal text and maybe php code) into the input fields
for the body of the nodes that should be presented as front page. How
can nodes with dynamic content as described above be created? Do I
really have to specify php code into the input field of the node bodys
or is there another possibility? Or do I have to use views or something
simmilar?

Sorry for the beginner questions but that is one big point that it is
still not clear to me. I started to read the Drupal Cookbook and hope
that the understanding how drupal is working gets clearer to me then.

>Henning

Cheers,

  Schoepp