[support] my users validations problem: found the cause

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Mon Feb 2 08:51:44 UTC 2009

Hi,
finally I have found the cause of my user validation problem after registration, but solution seems quite hard.
When users take the validation link and paste it into browser, the link is truncated. This is truncated by the url filter that sets the maximum lenght in 72 charachter.
The problem is that if I go to administer, filter, select the main filter and then configure, I see the "72" value, I change it to 100, click save, and it returns to 72! So it seems that for some reason, I can't modify this value.
So, I opened the filter module, I changed the default value to 100. I uploaded the new filter module, than I made an update.php.
Now it displays 100! But, the link remains truncated to 72...
Do you think other modules can prevent me to change this url lenght value?
or do you know where this value is stored into the mysql table, so I change it manually?
Thanks.

--
Simone Dal Maso.
Tutti i miei progetti: