[support] my users validations problem: found the cause

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 2 13:39:51 UTC 2009

Quoting Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso at juvox.it>:

> Hi,
> finally I have found the cause of my user validation problem after
> registration, but solution seems quite hard.
> When users take the validation link and paste it into browser, the
> link is truncated. This is truncated by the url filter that sets the
> maximum lenght in 72 charachter.
> The problem is that if I go to administer, filter, select the main
> filter and then configure, I see the "72" value, I change it to 100,
> click save, and it returns to 72! So it seems that for some reason, I
> can't modify this value.
> So, I opened the filter module, I changed the default value to 100. I
> uploaded the new filter module, than I made an update.php.
> Now it displays 100! But, the link remains truncated to 72...
> Do you think other modules can prevent me to change this url lenght value?
> or do you know where this value is stored into the mysql table, so I
> change it manually?
> Thanks.

I forget, what version of Drupal are you using?  The display length
value is controlled by admin/settings/filters/1/configure and other
input filter settings.  It would seem a bug for the user mail link to
be filtered to this length though since it is for the Drupal UI.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/