[support] Membership site question

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Thu Feb 5 18:44:21 UTC 2009

Where online payments are involved, you might take a look at Ubercart.
There's a module included that associates a role with a product, so that
any user purchasing the product is promoted to the associated role. So a
user could start out as a registered user, or become registered through
the normal checkout process, and then be given fuller access once the
payment is processed.

As for your third site, I'm not sure. Too much information missing here.
What do you mean by "categories"? Sounds like you might be interested in
og. You can explore from there what modules are available for
customizing registration forms. You also could use "node profile" to
create profiles as CCK types, including computed fields that would
generate the 'what you would pay' info.