[support] Membership site question

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 6 13:28:20 UTC 2009

Quoting Bob Morse <bob at morsemedia.net>:

> Thanks, Christopher. Listing by categories simply means chamber members
> are displayed under categories of types of business.
> So we have a custom search that groups businesses by category and each
> category can be linked to so you can display only one category.

I think you want:
http://drupal.org/project/content_profile
http://drupal.org/project/autotag
http://drupal.org/project/pathauto

and maybe:
http://drupal.org/project/advanced_profile

I'm thinking you need to create a profile field or two for "type of
business".  The content_profile will then move the profile data to a
node that taxonomy can then be filled.  The autotag module would be
setup to tag the profile content type on a preset list of tags.  The
work would be to hook_form_alter the "type of business" field with the
list of tags from the chosen vocabulary.  Pathauto would be setup to
create nice url's of sample.org/"type of business" which is really the
vocabulary term but you would have your list of members for that
business.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/