[support] Can't login

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:03:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM, A-NO-NE Music <madflute at anonemusic.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/28(土), at 8:59, Jamie Holly wrote:
>> Try emptying the sessions table in your database, then login again.
>
> Thank you for your response.  I just tried.  No change.
>
>> You may also want to try and clear all the cookies in your browser for
>> the local domain.
>
> Forgot to mention before.  That didn't do anything either.
>

> On 09/02/28(土), at 10:10, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> Also make sure the files and tmp directories are writable and not
>> full.
>
> To my surprise, there is no /tmp on my live site even though admin/
> filesystem doesn't give me any error.  Again, live site seems to be
> running fine without /tmp but I just created it manually just in
> case.  I did the same on my local dev machine.  Just to be sure I ran
> chown and chmod on files directory.  No change.
>
> I then realized all four Drupal 5 and 6 local sites are showing the
> same problem.  They are all different sites.  Two of them weren't even
> updated for a while.  Now I feel the last OSX 10.5.6 security patch
> did this.  I just don't know what to do right now.

Do the URLs of your menu links look correct? Do your menu links work
on the local server?

Look for any mention of your live domain name in your .htacess file
(e.g. in RewriteBase or in any RewriteCond) and in your settings.php
files (e.g. in $base_url or in $cookie_domain).

Examine the cookies of your local sites in your browser (the session
cookies, the ones with names like SESSxxxxxxxx). Do they exist? What
"domain" and what "path" do they contain?

If you don't see any session cookies for your local sites, run a
phpinfo() and check the values of "session.cookie_path" and
"session.use_cookies".