[support] problem with too many modules

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 5 19:22:11 UTC 2009

Quoting Matej Svetlik <matej.svetlik at cetelem.sk>:

> 1) i will try 7 as soon as possible, but is really hard to convert all
> modules (I converted all of them from 5.x to 6.2 few months ago :D)

I hope you created patch issues for that conversion.

> 2) I haven't try database optimization yet. But i didn't think database
> is the problem. In devel module there is an option to show database
> access times and they were irrelevant compared to page load times.
> Database runs on the same server and the server is almost never fully
> loaded. Oh, and it's intranet server just for about 200 employees.
>
> 3) I think the main problem is _hook system, because on fresh
> installation it takes only 0.3 second to load page. that's why I tough
> about hacking module loading code. I only need to load core modules, one
> custom module and one module displaying current page.
>
> 4) Another option could be splitting it into multi-site/multi-page
> installation ... but i like core hacking idea much more :D

5) YAO would be to combine some or all of the contrib modules into your
own module so that you don't load as many files.  A pain but it would
cut down on the disk I/O.

If you opt to hack core you might look at adding some of the registry
improvements from D7 to your D6.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/