[support] URL aliases not working

Vasileios Lourdas drupal at lourdas.name
Sun Jan 11 00:02:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 15 December 2008 22:12:11 Vasileios Lourdas wrote:
> I figured out what's wrong. The URL aliases are language aware (at least
> for 6.x). There was not a long time, since the site was based on 5.x. After
> upgrading to 6.x and because I had Greek as the default site language, all
> URL aliases were for the Greek language (though it does not make sense to
> me, the URL aliases to be language aware). When I changed the default
> language to English, those URL aliases did not work. When I changed the
> default language back to Greek, they worked fine.
>
> Now, the new question is: How do I make the URL aliases to be for all
> languages? Is there a setting to stop this from happening?

I've submitted a patch against the latest 2.x-dev version of pathauto for
Drupal 6.x that adds an option for selecting the default language used when
creating a new alias. The patch is at
http://drupal.org/node/321848#comment-1193243

Thanks.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)