[support] How to create "Edit & Save" Action?

John Thomas drupal.org-2008 at jt-socal.com
Sat Jan 17 21:13:36 UTC 2009

Hello Drupal Support,

Thanks for the cool code and community.

in Drupal 6.

Details:  I am creating viewfields (http://drupal.org/project/viewfield)
and adding them to my nodes, but in order for the view to show up on a
node I need to click "edit" then click "save" ON EACH NODE (there are
hundreds of nodes).  The closest thing I have found as a solution is
ViewsBulkOperations ("VBO"
http://drupal.org/project/views_bulk_operations).  VBO will run actions
on whatever nodes you choose and an included action is "save", but that
does not seem to work.  The default, "save" action does not seem to, if
you will, click edit first.  Hence, I am looking for an "Edit and Save"
action.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  I do not know how to code, but can
probably figure it out if it is only messing with a few lines.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas