[support] How to create "Edit & Save" Action?

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Tue Jan 20 01:06:38 UTC 2009

Depending on what you are doing with the viewfield, you may be better
served with the View Attach module. You can check it out here:

http://drupal.org/project/views_attach

The place where this would be most useful, is when you are using a
viewfield to attach a view that is the same for every node of a
certain type. This is very common in image galleries for instance,
where you may want to reference all nodes that have a node reference
to the current node. This allows you to setup the view, and attach it
to all nodes of a specific type.

-Mike

On Jan 17, 2009, at 1:13 PM, John Thomas wrote:

> Hello Drupal Support,
>
> Thanks for the cool code and community.

> action
> in Drupal 6.
>
> Details:  I am creating viewfields (http://drupal.org/project/viewfield
> )
> and adding them to my nodes, but in order for the view to show up on a
> node I need to click "edit" then click "save" ON EACH NODE (there are
> hundreds of nodes).  The closest thing I have found as a solution is
> ViewsBulkOperations ("VBO"
> http://drupal.org/project/views_bulk_operations).  VBO will run
> actions
> on whatever nodes you choose and an included action is "save", but
> that
> does not seem to work.  The default, "save" action does not seem to,
> if
> you will, click edit first.  Hence, I am looking for an "Edit and
> Save"
> action.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.  I do not know how to code, but can
> probably figure it out if it is only messing with a few lines.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> John Thomas

Michael Prasuhn