[support] How to create "Edit & Save" Action?

John Thomas drupal.org-2008 at jt-socal.com
Tue Jan 20 00:41:28 UTC 2009

Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> Any suggestions are appreciated.  I do not know how to code, but can
>> probably figure it out if it is only messing with a few lines.
>
> I would probably create an external script to do the job.  Select node
> nids of the node_type you want from the DB and do a node_load [1] then
> a node_save [2].  For an example of how to bootstrap Drupal from an
> external script look at top of cron.php.

Earnie,

Thank you for the lead.  I will likely try to figure this out and post
it in a forum or two that I think could use it, here too.

Given I am not a coder, this will be some effort for me.  May I dig a
bit more out of that brain of yours?

Are you sure an "action" is not the way to go?  Is there a node_load
action?  This would allow me to use view_bulk_operations and my,
comfortable for me, gui.  There seems to be a node_save action.  Do you
think it might be easier for me to look at that node_save action and
modify that script to include a node_load.  Or, am I being ridiculous
and you already gave me the good answer?

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas