[support] Ubercart: Define attribute option for specific product when creating a product kit

Ryan Thomson ryan at etrafficsolutions.com
Thu Jan 29 17:54:42 UTC 2009

Hey all!

Any Ubercart ninjas in da house?

When editing a product kit there is a list of all included products
which include quantity, ordering and discount. This should also include
the product attribute options.

example: we sell online content for schools. An ebook can be purchases
individually, per classroom or per school. These are all attribute
options of the ebook product. We want to create product kits which would
include an ebook with a classroom license, but as product kits work now
you can't set the attribute option on the edit page - instead the
customer picks which attribute option they want which, in this case,
won't work.

Our workaround is to create copies of existing products with only one
attribute option, but this is obviously entirely inefficient and
messy... does anyone know of a method to achieve this?

Thanks!