[support] Simplenews - Ugly Background in the emails sent

geniekids ratadi2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:51:53 UTC 2009

I keep getting an ugly brown background colour in the emails that i send
through simplenews and mail
I'm using Mime Mail 6.x-1.x-dev and Simplenews 6.x-1.0-rc4

I created mail.css and entered the following (ONLY) in that file and saved
it in themes/mytheme/ folder.
But the dark background is still showing up.
Please note the email.css does not contain any other code - only the
following text (this is because i want only the background colour to go away
- the rest is fine)

    #content, #mimemail-body {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;

    }

Is there something I am doing wrong? Pl guide me